The inaugural A Brighter Path 10K benefits A Brighter Path Foundation, which supports the programs and services of Winston-Salem Industries for the Blind, and raises awareness for the needs of people who are blind or visually impaired in our community.
You can participate in A Brighter Path 10K in 3 important ways:
• Volunteer by contacting Jenny Viars, A Brighter Path Foundation, at
• Sponsor a Runner for $25.00 by visiting www.abpfoundation.org/get-involved/donate-now.aspx and choose A Brighter Path 10K for your Gift Designation.
• Run see race registraion details below.
• All runners interested and able to participate. The minimum pace is 15 minutes per mile. You must complete the course by 9:30 a.m.
• Service dogs are allowed otherwise no pets, bicycles or strollers.
• For the safety of all participants, no earbuds allowed.
The scenic, two-loop course begins and ends at Wiley Middle School located at 1400 Northwest Blvd in Winston-Salem, N.C. Runners continue from Wiley Middle School, turning right onto Hawthorne Ave. and left onto Runnymede Rd. From Runnymede Rd., runners will turn right onto Stratford Rd, right onto Reynolda Rd and then right onto Northwest Blvd.
Splits will be given every mile.
Water Stations will be positioned approximately every.
T-shirts are guaranteed for all pre-registered runners. Runners who register at packet pick-up or on race day will receive T-shirts as available.
Top 3 overall male finishers
Top 3 overall female finishers
Top male Master finisher (40+)
Top female Master finisher (40+)
Top male and female finishers per age group
Age Groups: 19 and under, 20-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39, 40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65+
Race day parking will be available in designated parking lots around Wiley Middle School.
Race Day Festivities
A Brighter Path Foundation and Winston-Salem Industries for the Blind will host activities and information tables about the programs and services in our community for people who are blind and visually impaired.
For runners, there will be door prizes, food, drinks and awards immediately following the race.
Entry Fees & Online Registration (non-refundable)
No mail-in registration will be accepted.
$30.00 by June 10, or
$35.00 by June 19 (Online registration closes June 19 at midnight.)
$40.00In person at Packet Pickup, June 21, or on Race Day, June 22
Packet Pick-Up and Race Day Registration
Friday, June 21, 6:00 8:00 p.m.
Tracys Little Red School House (next to Winston-Salem Industries for the Blind)
7730 North Point Drive, Winston-Salem, NC 27106
Race Day Registration
Saturday, Jun 22, 6:30 7:30 a.m.
Parking Lot by Wiley Middle School
For More Information
• To learn more about Winston Salem Industries for the blind, visit www.wsifb.com
• Contact Erin Bridges, Winston-Salem Industries for the Blind, at